Upcoming Events & Seminars
Increase Your Sales through Exporting
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Location: Microsoft Store, University Village- 2624 Northeast University Village Street Seattle, WA 98105
Are you leaving potential sales on the table? Have you received international sales inquiries but don’t know what to do? Are you interested in exporting but don’t know how to start? Have you already started exporting but want to improve and increase your sales?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join the Small Business Administration, the Export Finance Assistance Center of Washington and the Small Business Development Center for a lunch & learn on the following topics:
- Why go global
- Develop or improve your export strategy
- How to pick foreign markets
- Selecting your international partners
- Pricing and Methods of Payment
- Export Loan Programs, and Credit Insurance
- Foreign Exchange Risk Management
Can't make this day-time class? Consider coming to the encore presentation on Tuesday, January 31st from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
More information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/u-district-export-101-your-door-to-the-world-tickets-30867393204
Financing Your International Expansion by Startup 425
Date: Thursday, February 2, 2017
Location: Bellevue City Hall- 450 110th Avenue Northeast Bellevue, WA 98004
Want to grow your technology company's sales outside the U.S.? Attend this workshop to hear from speakers with significant experience taking small companies to global markets.
- Options for financing your first international sales
- Accepting payment in foreign currency
- Repatriating your funds to your U.S. bank account
- Lessons learned, and what they would change
- State and local resources that can help you figure it out
More information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/financing-your-international-expansion-tickets-30871459366?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
Trade Webinar Series
Dates: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 to Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Trade Technologies and the Export Finance Assistance Center of Washington (EFACW) are co-hosting a basic training for exporters in a four part webinar series.
Boot Camp for Exporters This webinar will address the key elements that exporters must understand before they begin exporting. Understanding the “Export Process and Procedures” will eliminate frustration, confusion and export problems. February 14
Understanding the Financial Role of Incoterms 2010 This webinar will discuss the critical role of Incoterms 2010 and the negative impact they can have on whether exporters will get paid for their exports. March 22
Letters of Credit for Sales People Letters of credit are misunderstood and therefore often misused in export sales. This creates a toxic environment that most sales people want to avoid. This webinar will demystify the letter of credit and reveal why sales people should embrace letters of credit as beneficial sales tool. April 19
The Secrets of Successful Trade Financing for Sales People This webinar will outline key issues that sales people need to know in order to structure successful transactions that are good for both the seller and the buyer. May 24
More information: http://www.tradetechnologies.com/Event/2017/ev021417
Creating Export Success With Jim Foley
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: University of Washington- Seattle, Bank of America Executive Education Building
- Ninety-five percent of the world’s customers and the fastest-growing markets are outside U.S. borders.
- Businesses that export grow faster, stay in business longer and see more sales growth.
- Exporting helps your business ride out economic downturns and enjoy more financial stability.
- Exporting creates jobs and drives economic growth.
- Washington provides one of the world’s leading trade and logistics hubs, with major ports and an outstanding transportation infrastructure.
- Schedule one-on-one sessions for day 2 with industry experts
This Export Course will Help You:
- Learn details of export procedures
- Understand when your company should expand internationally
- Formulate an export strategy
- Overcome common mistakes made by beginning exporters
- Identify and target high-potential markets with proven market research methods
- Adapt your marketing strategies for international success
- Build expertise in export terminology
Day 1: Full Day Training
Day 2: One-On-One Session; Contact Zara Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Cost includes morning coffee and lunch
Click here for registration and more info
More information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/creating-export-success-with-jim-foley-tickets-30503193874